Even though we are not physically in the office, we continue providing free and confidential services to the breast cancer community.
News from the Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program
April 1, 2020
To The Breast Cancer Community:
In this unprecedented time, I have taken comfort, and I hope you have as well, in the strength, determination and humor demonstrated by so many in our community. We have patients who are still undergoing treatment for breast cancer, caring for a loved one, and sending videos which make us laugh out loud in order to lighten some very difficult days.
Even though we are not physically in the office, we continue providing free and confidential services to the breast cancer community. I am so proud of the Adelphi Breast Cancer Program staff, volunteers, interns and our contributions. Below are some program highlights which allow us to stay close while keeping our distance.
- Our dedicated volunteers are covering their hotline shifts from home so there is always someone to speak with a caller in need. If you know someone who needs support, the best way to reach us is by calling our toll free hotline at 1.800.877.8077.
- We launched a six-week Paths To Wellness Online Series. Starting on March 31st at 5 pm we invited people to sit back, stretch, cook and participate in self-care.
- The bilingual social workers continue to provide telephonic counseling sessions, facilitate transportation assistance for patients, and make referrals for concrete services for NUMC patients.
- Our licensed social workers and interns are conducting individual and group sessions with clients. If you are looking for support please contact Erin Nau, LCSW via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 516-877-4314.
- We are launching a four-week Art Therapy Support Group in May where participants will use art to explore feelings, increase self-awareness and cope with life’s challenges. To register, call Angela M. Papalia, LMSW at (516) 877-4329 or via email at email@example.com.
- The NYS Cancer Services Program is still open and provides free or low-cost cancer screening services. If you or someone you know feels a lump or a mass please contact Angelica Medina at 516.877.4331 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish you and your families good health and good spirits as we face challenging times together.
Stay strong and be well,
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – email@example.com