Adelphi University's President, Dr. Robert A. Scott, the AU Magazine and Erudition newsletter are winners of 2013 MarCom Awards.
Adelphi University has won nine 2013 MarCom Awards. These honors, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, recognize outstanding creative achievement by marketing and communication professionals. There were more than 6,500 entries from throughout the United States, Canada and several other foreign countries.
Adelphi’s 2013 MarCom Awards
- Adelphi University President Robert A. Scott, Ph.D., was recognized with a Gold Award (in the Writing/Editorial Category) for his series, “Thoughts on College Education,” that was published in Anton News.
- Dr. Scott’s television series, Critical Issues, received a Gold Award in the Broadcast & Cable category for Critical Public Policy Issues Affecting the Region.
- Adelphi University Magazine, Spring 2013 issue, received a Platinum Award in overall quality for a magazine from an educational institution.
- Erudition, the University publication that highlights scholarly and creative work by the faculty, received a Platinum Award for external newsletter from an educational institution and a Gold Award for design.
- The Center for Health Innovation’s Mental Health and Gun Violence Poll won a Platinum Award for a radio campaign.
- Interviews on the global economy given by Michael J. Driscoll, M.B.A. ’89, with leading outlets, such as The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, received a Gold Award in the Media Relations category.
- National Public Radio coverage of the Hurricane Sandy Study by Associate Professor and Director of the Environmental Studies Program Beth Christensen, Ph.D., received an Honorable Mention Award for Media Relations Radio Placement.
- Adelphi University’s Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts in the Chronicle of Higher Education also received Honorable Mention for newspaper placement.
For more on Adelphi University’s communication efforts visit the main Adelphi News and Publications page.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org