Adelphi University Professor, Public Health Expert Dr. K.C. Rondello Available to Discuss Coronavirus and Flu
As more cases of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) become confirmed around the globe, including six (as of January 31) in the United States, public concern and interest in the virus continue to grow.
K.C. Rondello, MD, a clinical associate professor in Adelphi’s College of Nursing and Public Health, is an expert on influenza and other public health issues and has knowledge and thoughts on the coronavirus, including how to protect against the virus.
Dr. Rondello can discuss the following:
- The evolution of this novel strain of coronavirus
- Signs and symptoms of the illness
- Strategies to protect against 2019-nCoV and seasonal influenza
- Parallels between 2019-nCoV and seasonal influenza
- Status of seasonal influenza so far this year
Dr. Rondello is a regular news source on issues including flu and public health. See his take on seasonal flu from January 2019.