Returning to Campus
Faculty and staff, make sure you're prepared for your return to campus by following these processes for your technology.
Disconnect From eduroam WiFi Before Returning to Campus
If you changed your password while you were off-campus and you didn’t update it in eduroam, you may encounter issues while trying to connect to WiFi, including locking your account. Follow these steps to make sure you don’t get locked out of your account:
- Before you’re on campus, forget eduroam as a wireless network on your phone, tablet, or laptop
- Once you are back on campus, log in to eduroam using your Adelphi email address (@adelphi.edu, even if you’re a student) and password.
Returning Equipment Loans
Many of you borrowed Adelphi-owned equipment last year when you shifted to working remotely. If you are returning to the office and will be working fully in person, please return any equipment you borrowed, including:
- printers and scanners
- mouse and keyboard
- other accessories
Learn How to Use the New Multi-Functional Printers/Copiers (MFPs)
Last year, we installed new Konica Minolta Multi-Functional Printers/Copiers (MFPs) in various departments as part of a University-wide upgrade. These give you the ability to:
- Scan to your email or google drive from any Campus MFP
- Send your print to the “secure release” queue and securely retrieve it from any Campus MFP. Note: you won’t see your specific printer listed, but with secure release, you can go to whichever printer you choose.
- Release at the MFP using your Adelphi ID
- If you don’t have your ID, you can use the Panther Print Web Portal
- Copy/Fax (if fax enabled) your documents
Please take time to familiarize yourself with the printers and view our instructional tutorials to learn how to print, copy, scan, and more, as many of you will be back on campus for the first time in over a year.
Phone and Voicemail
Canceling call forwarding is easy. Just dial *64 from your office desk phone and follow the prompts.
To update your voicemail greeting on your office desk phone, just follow the same steps you used to initially set up your voicemail.
During playback of a voicemail message, you can skip to the end of the message by pressing 3 twice. You will then be prompted with the options to delete or save. You cannot delete a message using the 7 button unless the message has been completed or skipped.
Logging in to Your Desktop
There may be updates that need to be done to your hardware, assuming it hasn’t been used in quite some time. Typically speaking, these updates will be done in the background over the course of a few days, and not affect your day-to-day activities. Eventually, you may be prompted to restart your computer to fully install all of the updates, but there shouldn’t be any other requirements aside from that.
Login Password for Apple Computers
Apple computers may have an old password saved, preventing you from logging in with your current eCampus username and password.
- In this scenario, you’ll need to contact the Help Desk to reset the login password for your mac.
- After the password is reset, there should be an update automatically installed, allowing you to log in with your eCampus username and password moving forward.
Please be Patient
These are unprecedented times, and we are doing our best to support you and your needs. Please be patient, as there are many individuals who may encounter similar issues after being off-campus for an extended period of time. We will do our best to quickly attend to any issues you may have so we can all be ready for a successful semester!