Student Organization Accreditation Program (SOAP)
The purpose of student organizations at Adelphi University is to enhance students’ overall educational experience. This is achieved through programs and events that encourage student cooperation, leadership, and the ability to be productive and responsible citizens.
Recognized student organizations are funded through the Student Government Association via the student activities fee. SOAP aims to maximize the utility of those resources. Adelphi is proud of the accomplishments our student organizations achieve. Those accomplishments are tracked by SOAP in an effort to support organizations and celebrate their outstanding and excellent goals.
Student Organization Rating Scale
- Accredited Organization
- Outstanding Organization
- Organization of Excellence
All student organizations are expected to complete the following requirements:
- Maintain an updated roster of current members on MyAULife
Rosters need to be updated by October 15th and March 15th each year, and each organization is required to have 10 or more active members, based on your own constitution’s definition of active membership.
- Identify a faculty or staff advisor
Ensure they have filled out the Advisor Agreement by October 1st. The agreement does not have to be completed again in the spring unless your advisor changes. It is suggested that advisors be full-time faculty/staff members.
- Executive board must have a 2.3 cumulative GPA or higher
In the event an executive board member’s GPA drops below the requirement, fill the vacancy based on the policies outlined in your constitution.
- Attend Fall and Spring Leadership Week training sessions
Specific expectations will be shared in Leader Updates approaching the leadership weeks. A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Hold goal-setting and goal-review meetings with your SCE Liaison
Goal setting meetings should be held by October 1st and goal review meetings should be held every spring by February 15th.
- Host an event each semester
A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Complete Diversity Training
All executive board members should complete Title IX training, SafeZone training, and C.O.R.E. training by the end of each school year.
- Track Event Attendance and Service Hours
Submit to MyAULife to keep a record of your amazing accomplishments.
- Submit a budget request each semester
Details and deadlines will be provided by SGA.
- Re-Register your organization
Complete the re-registration form on MyAULife at the end of the spring semester.
Optional Opportunities to achieve Outstanding Organization (Choose 3)
- Host a meeting/event with an emphasis on social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
You must meet with your SCE Liaison to discuss the format and content of your event at least 30 days in advance. A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Participate in a campus-wide initiative
Adelphi Spirit Weekend, Relay for Life, Take Back the Night, or Adelphi Gives Back Month are great examples. Participation means that 5 or more members were actively engaged in the event. A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Send an executive board member or chair to 3 SGA meetings per semester.
A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Host elections utilizing MyAULife
Utilize the MyAULife election process to host elections as outlined in your constitution.
- Conduct a Constitution Review
Meet with your SCE Liaison, make changes to your constitution, hold a vote, and re-upload to MyAULife. A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
Optional Opportunity to achieve Organization of Excellence
Each year, the Center for Student and Community Engagement recognizes student organizations who go above and beyond. This year, we are changing our process for recognizing these organizations to align with Adelphi University’s core institutional values:
- Academic excellence
- Creativity and Innovation
- Community and collaboration
- Global awareness and diversity
- Respect for the individual
- Truth and integrity
To be recognized as an organization of excellence, organizations should meet the requirements for Outstanding Organization, and then also identify one of Adelphi’s core values to make a focus for their organization for the year.
|At the end of the Fall Semester||At the end of the Spring Semester|
|Organizations should complete the Organization of Excellence Commitment to Community path form on MyAULife, which identifies their achievements over the course of the semester and a detailed plan for engaging with their selected core value during the spring semester.||Organizations will develop a presentation to be delivered at a Commitment to Community Award Ceremony in recognition of their organization’s achievements in highlighting one of our core university values over the course of the year.|
How to Track Student Organization Accreditation Program Requirements (SOAP)
- SOAP is tracked using your organization’s email address. In order to see the group’s progress and track requirements, please sign into your organization’s profile with the club username and password.
- Some requirements are the responsibility of the organization to track. Instructions will follow in this document. That is indicated above with the message: A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.
- Make sure your organization is set up to receive email notifications so that you can review the status. Do so by clicking your account on the top right of the page and going to notifications.
- To check your organization’s status in the SOAP program:
- Log into your organization’s account using the email and password for your organization
- Click on the picture of your account on the top right corner, click paths OR Scroll down on the homepage to Paths and select SOAP Requirements 2021-2022
How to Enter Path forms to track SOAP requirements:
Events below that specify “A path form is required to earn credit for this requirement.” need to be entered by the executive board on MyAULife. Please review the instructions below:
- Log into your organization’s account using the email and password for your organization (not your personal student email).
- Click on the picture of your account on the top right corner, then click “Experiences”.
- On the top right of the page click “Add Experience” and choose the item you wish to track from the drop-down list.
- Fill out the form.
- Select Path “SOAP Requirements 2021-2022”.
- Choose which level of SOAP this requirement fulfills under “Domains”.
- Submit the Form.
- Congrats! Your form is now on its way for approval. SCE will verify the information and approve that the requirement is met. You will receive an email when the requirement is approved.
Please keep in mind that every submission must fulfill only one requirement.