Membership Policies, Forms, Types and Fees
Take part in a unique opportunity for our campus community.
Registration and General Policies
- All campus recreation memberships expire 1 year from the date of joining.
- To register for Adelphi’s university campus recreation programs, all members must complete a CRS registration/ waiver form, a Pre-Participation Health Screening, and signed physician clearance form and submit with payment.
- Cash and checks are accepted forms of payment.
- Once the required forms are complete and have been reviewed, Healthy Steps guidelines and parking forms will be mailed to the member’s home.
- New members must schedule a fitness orientation prior to participating. At that time, their membership card will be issued.
- CRS memberships are not transferable, and CRS members are not allowed to bring guests.
Memberships may be revoked from members who show disregard for policies and procedures.
Active Alumni CRS Membership
Alumni of Adelphi can stay fit and be active by joining a membership to use the recreation facilities. Proof of alumni status, (an alumni ID card) is required to join. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations, 516.877.3470, for further information on obtaining an alumni ID card.
- “New” Alum – If you graduated within the past year, you are eligible for the New Alumni CRS membership program.
- “Young” Alum – If you graduated within the past 1-3 years, you are eligible for the Young alumni CRS membership program.
- Alumni- 4 years and longer, you are eligible to join the Alumni CRS membership program
All alumni may join with a spouse and/or dependent children (17-25 yrs. Old) for additional reduced rates. The alumni must become a member in order for their family to join.
Active Alumni CRS Membership
|New Alumni (’19)||Young Alumni (’16-’18)||Alumni (’15 and earlier)|
Note: Alumni must join a membership in order for a spouse and/or dependent to join.
Fun With Family CRS Membership
Have Fun and Be Active with your Family at Adelphi!
- Adelphi Faculty* and Staff* who want to have their spouse and/or dependent children (17-25 yrs) come and use the facilities with them can sign them up for a Fun with Family CRS membership.
- Current students who would like to have a parent or sibling (17-25yrs) join with them are also eligible for the Fun with Family CRS membership.
- Affiliates of the Adelphi Community such as Adelphi Dining Services employees can join a membership to use the recreational facilities. Affiliate and Adelphi Gold members can also add a spouse and dependent children to their memberships at discounted rates.
Fun with Family CRS Membership
|Member||Free w/AU ID||Free w/AU ID||$225/yr|
Note: Faculty/Staff/Student member must be present with ID for family member(s) to join.
Community CRS Membership
Local residents may take part in our on-campus community in using the recreation facilities by joining a Community CRS membership. Community members can add spouse and dependents (17-25yrs) for reduced fees. Senior citizens (60+) discounts are available in this membership program.
|Senior Citizens (60+)||receive a 10% discount off their own membership rate.|
Note: A parent community member must join in order for a dependent (17-25 yr old) to join at a reduced rate.
Other Programs Fees
|Current Adult Fitness Program Members
|College Student Summer Special* (May-Aug only)||$150 (Community)
$75 (Alumni/Faculty dependent)
Note: *Proof in form of college ID is required.
Healthy Steps to an Active Lifestyle Program
The Healthy Steps to an Active Lifestyle Program is a cooperative effort between Campus Recreation and the Institute of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness utilizing programming experience, academic expertise and resources available on campus. Our mission is to guide you toward a healthier lifestyle and help you to participate in a safe, highly effective and enjoyable exercise experience.
Take these following steps in our health/fitness screening and intake process so we can best assist in guiding you towards the most appropriate exercise opportunities at Adelphi for you!
- Complete a CRS membership application form, the Pre-participation Screening form and the Physician’s Clearance Form.
- Submit the completed forms along with the applicable fees to the Campus Recreation Office located in Woodruff 240 so we can review and process your application.*
- After your membership has been processed you will have a New Member Orientation Session in which you will pick up your membership card, obtain proper parking permit paperwork, receive a general tour, and ask any additional questions about the membership you may have.
*Based on the review process of your forms, it may be recommended that you participate in the Adult Fitness Program and/or periodic exercise monitoring at some level prior to engaging in a less supervised activity. Consideration is given to age, health status & previous exercise experience.
For an additional $50 fee, you have the opportunity to participate in a Fitness Assessment to determine your level of health-related fitness and baseline for your exercise program with the Institute of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness Program. This assessment includes a sub-maximal exercise test on a bike or treadmill, body composition analysis and test for muscular fitness and flexibility. From this information, you will receive a Personal Exercise Prescription based on your assessment, designed to help you meet your goals. The Fitness Assessment also includes periodic follow-up and reassessment for up to 1 year.
We hope you take advantage of all that Adelphi has to offer in order to reach your fitness goals!
If you have questions regarding the Healthy Steps program, please contact: