Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma)
Adelphi University offers Certified Electronic Diplomas — an official and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishments — at no cost to anyone who has earned a degree December 2017 or after.
Key Benefits to a Certified Electronic Diploma
More than a paper credential
- An official, secure and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment!
Different from a transcript
- Unlimited sharing with family, friends, employers and social media.
- Proof of education with only the important details.
- Simple for employers to read and understand.
Better than an eDiploma
- Each credential provides a unique 12-digit CeDiD*.
- The CeDiD allows for instant proof of your accomplishment using Validation Services.
Enhances your resume
- Expedite the verification process by providing your CeDiD and validation URL on your resume.
*CeDiD (Certified Electronic Document Identifier)
- Each CeDiploma and/or CeCertificate can be independently validated here by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted, providing greater trust and acceptance.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Note: A credential may not be available for all conferral dates.
For additional information about the Certified Electronic Credential and its features, please visit cecredentialtrust.com.
How to Validate your CeDiploma or CeCertificate
Authenticity can be validated online in one of two ways.
The CeDiploma or CeCertificate can be validated through Adelphi’s website using a 12-digit Certified Electronic Document ID (CeDiD*), along with the first two letters of the name as it appears on the document. The validation link will appear on the second page of the document.
Each CeDiploma and CeCertificate is digitally signed by CeCredential Trust. When the document is viewed through Adobe Reader or Acrobat versions 9.0 or higher, it will display a blue ribbon across the top of the document to indicate that the document has not been tampered with, and is therefore authentic.
Mac Users: CeDiplomas/CeCertificates software utilizes Adobe’s secure certified PDF technology and therefore may only be viewed using the free Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or higher. The default Mac preview application will not display the document correctly.
An Apostille may neither be required nor necessary. The CeDiploma has legal standing, is non-repudiating, and can be validated here to provide absolute confidence in the credential’s authenticity. Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
CeCredential Trust is the name of the service used to digitally sign the CeDiploma and verify its authenticity.
Loading and display issues are usually caused by older versions of the iOS operating system and/or the PDF viewer that your browser users to open the document. You may need to update one or both to the most current version to view your CeDiploma.
The CeDiploma is best viewed in Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Some features may not be available when viewed in a web browser’s default viewer. Please change the default viewer in your web browser so that it utilizes Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
Mac users: This software utilizes Adobe’s secure certified PDF technology and therefore may only be viewed using the free Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat 9.0 or higher. The default Mac preview application will not display the document correctly.
Requests from current or former students with unmet obligations to the university (e.g., holds) cannot be honored. To resolve financial holds, please contact Student Financial Services.
The CeDiploma has printing disabled so it cannot be printed. Your CeDiploma is official as long as it is digital.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any further questions, or need additional help, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the CeDiD number and the name of the alum as it appears on the credential.