Hurricane Dorian's devastation of the Bahamas and the East Coast of the United States drives home how emergency management as a field of study and training is vital.
Prepare for an in-demand career managing the safety of our communities in this highly ranked cutting-edge program.
Why Earn an MS in Emergency Management Online at Adelphi?
Equip yourself for a career as a leader in emergency management, acquiring the skills and knowledge to evaluate, assess and research data to make critical decisions in disaster situations. People in emergency management are making a difference in homeland security, healthcare and environmental emergency management.
Why Earn Your MS in Emergency Management Online at Adelphi?
- Earn your degree from one of the most reputable masters degree programs in the emergency management field, led by a disaster epidemiologist who has been featured frequently as an emergency management
expert in the New York Times, Newsweek and other news sources as an emergency management expert.
- Learn from emergency management practitioners who have firsthand experience and involvement in providing support during many of our nation’s worst disasters.
- Benefit from a fully online curriculum that is not only is tailored to career disciplines but also gives you the flexibility to advance your education without disrupting your work-life.
Emergency Management Advanced Certification
Our online Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management efficiently and effectively equips students with knowledge and skills that apply to every discipline and industry—in just one year — helping professionals achieve career goals that include moving into a senior management position or entering the emergency management profession from a related field. Our graduates not only immediately add value to their organization, but they also meet a critical societal need for trained professionals who can prepare for and respond to any emergency.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Personal statement describing your interest in the program (500 words maximum)
- One letter of recommendation, from either a faculty member familiar with your academic work or an individual who can discuss your work or relevant experience
- Professional résumé
- $60 application fee
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 for non-native speakers
Please note, international students in this program are not eligible for an F-1 visa.
Military personnel can apply G.I. Bill benefits and take advantage of the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), which allows soon-to-enlist or currently enlisted military personnel to enroll in and complete college courses while they continue their service commitments.
Awards & Recognition