Executive Search and Transition
Searching for new executive leadership and managing executive transition are among the most significant, challenging (and costly) endeavors for any nonprofit organization’s Board of Directors.
While finding your next nonprofit leader can seem overwhelming, it is also a time to build on the organization’s strengths and accomplishments and position it for the future.
What we do
The Center for Nonprofit Leadership offers a comprehensive, strategic approach to executive search and transition that is tailored to the organization’s mission, values, programs and services, scale, and resources. We also seek to minimize the risks associated with executive transition, supporting continuity of leadership and mission and leveraging the opportunities of this important moment in the life of the organization.
Working closely with the Board, the Center assists the organization to:
- Re-affirm the direction, priorities, and the leadership qualities, expertise, and experience the organization is seeking;
- Address interim needs;
- Find a highly-qualified executive with the requisite skills, experience, knowledge, and ability to lead the organization;
- Provide the initial support to ensure a smooth transition and integration of the new executive into the organization; and to
- Customize and conduct the entire executive search and transition process in efficient and cost-effective manner.
How we serve
The Center’s executive search and transition management program includes four (4) phases:
Phase 1: Transition, Planning, Organizational Assessment and Position Development: Readying the organization and transitioning leader.
Phase 2: Addressing the Interim: Identifying the need for and interim; identifying the right person; and then working with an Interim Executive.
Phase 3: Search, Recruit, Select, and Hire: Conducting the search and facilitating the hiring process.
Phase 4: Post-Hire Services: Helping to onboard and support the new hire.
Who we are
The Center for Nonprofit Leadership began 12 years ago as a grassroots effort to address leadership transition and development in nonprofit organizations on Long Island. It has grown to become the go-to organization for a broad range of leadership and capacity building services for the region.
We are highly experienced in working with Long Island and the New York metropolitan area’s nonprofit organizations and take great pride in the success we have achieved through our search and transition efforts. At the request of our clients with whom we have worked in other parts of the country, we now provide our executive search and transition services to regional and national nonprofit organizations as well.
The Center has successfully completed executive search and transition services for a variety of nonprofit organizations.
Partial List of Clients and Testimonials
- Babylon Citizens Council on the Arts
- Bethany House
- Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services
- Herstory Writers Workshop
- Long Island Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependence (LICADD)
- Long Island Housing Services
- Mental Health Association of Nassau County
- Options for Community Living
- Progressive States Network
- Sustainable Long Island
- Lifeline Center for Child Development