Adelphi University’s requirement remains at one booster shot at this time.
Dear Adelphi Community,
Eligibility for an additional booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine was expanded on March 29 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the following populations:
- People over the age of 50
- People age 12 and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised
- People ages 18–49 years regardless of health status who have received Janssen/Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine as both their primary series dose and booster dose
New York state is recommending that the above individuals get a second COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna and Pfizer) booster if it has been at least four months since your first.
Adelphi will administer COVID-19 vaccines and boosters while supplies last. If you are eligible and wish to receive the additional booster dose, call our Health Services Center to schedule an appointment at 516.877.6000.
Recent news about coronavirus variants and subvariants:
Our Health and Wellness Team continues to closely monitor COVID-19, its variants (including subvariant BA.2) and infection rates. Adelphi is in compliance with all recommendations of our public health authorities and our University’s infection rates remain very low. The CDC’s guidance for preventing illness and the spread of new variants remains consistent and familiar, and now includes the recommendation for a second booster if eligible.
- The University does not require a second booster dose to be considered fully vaccinated. Based on recommendations from public health authorities, Adelphi’s requirement remains at one booster shot at this time.
- Daily health screening continues to be required through at least the end of the spring semester for all students, faculty and staff at all Adelphi locations.
For more information:
- Find details about our vaccination requirements and other FAQs on our COVID-19 website.
- For questions about our policies, email email@example.com.
- For questions about COVID-19 vaccines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President of University Wellness, Safety and Administration