Dear Adelphi Colleagues,
In recent days, there have been several exciting updates to eligibility requirements and availability of COVID-19 vaccines. We are pleased to share this important information with you
Eligibility Requirement Updates for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Effective Thursday, March 11, 2021, the New York state eligibility guidelines for the COVID-19 vaccine now include “in-person college faculty and essential in-person staff.” (See page 10 of New York state’s vaccination guidance.) This change means that all faculty and staff who are working on campus or in our centers are now eligible for vaccination.
- The age criterion for individuals who do not meet the above status has been lowered from 65 to 60.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 17, all vaccination sites can vaccinate all eligible people, except pharmacies, which can only vaccinate those 60 years of age and older and P–12 teachers.
Vaccination Locations and Appointments
- Calling the New York state COVID-19 vaccination hotline: 833.697.4829
- Visiting the Northwell Health COVID-19 vaccine website or calling 844.919.8222
- Visiting the Walgreens pharmacy website or calling a Walgreens near you (if you are 60-plus years of age)
- Visiting the CVS pharmacy website (if you are 60-plus years of age)
- Visiting the New York City COVID-19 Vaccine Finder website
- Visiting the New York state online eligibility screener website
- Walgreens has announced it has ample supply and open appointments at this time.
- Enrolled pharmacies must vaccinate only individuals age 60 and older, P–12 school faculty and staff, and child care workers.
- Employees who are eligible by virtue of their work at Adelphi will be required by the vaccination site to show proof of eligible employment, which can take the form of an employee ID or recent pay stub.
Once You’re Vaccinated
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that individuals who have been vaccinated should continue to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose. The requirement to wear a mask at Adelphi locations—as described in our New York state-approved Master Restart Plan—remains strictly in effect, along with requirements for social distancing, daily screening via the AU2GO app and good hand hygiene.
In addition, we urge all Adelphi community members to practice COVID-19 safety when you are off campus, including on weekends and spring mini-break days, to protect yourselves, your families and our community.
This remains an evolving situation. We will continue to provide updates as additional information becomes available. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Administrative Officer and Associate Vice President
Chief Human Resources Officer