Master Restart Plan
Adelphi University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic is rooted in safety for our faculty, staff, students, healthcare providers and for the public we interact with.
Our primary goals are to:
- Protect public health
- Continue the institution’s vital missions of education and research
Adelphi’s Master Restart Plan, submitted to the state on July 15, 2020, aligned and consistent with local orders and ordinances of the Town of Hempstead and Nassau County, as well as the State of New York’s New York Forward Phased Guidance. These plans apply to our full community, and follow recommendations from the federal government (Opening Guidelines), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, New York State Department of Health, and the Adelphi Health Advising Team. The Master Restart Plan provides details for:
- Safely and responsibly reopening Adelphi’s campus according to state and department of health requirements
- The continual monitoring of health conditions
- Containment of potential transmission of the coronavirus
- Contingency plans for the shut down of in-person operations if ordered by the state due to widespread COVID-19 transmission
As our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, the University remains prepared to adjust our policies and plans as needed. In the event that New York State or local health authorities amend statewide or regional orders and guidance, the University will update our guidance and protocols accordingly.
Adelphi University Master Restart Plan
Adelphi has compiled this guide to inform our safe return following the disruptions caused by COVID-19.