In the spring of 2023, Adelphi welcomed five new trustees to its board, three of whom are alumni of the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business.
They are Doug Flynn ’89, co-founder of Flynn Zito Capital Management LLC; Nicholas Iadevaio Jr., MBA ’00, vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion at L’Oreal USA; and Joseph Moscola, MBA ’06, executive vice president of system operations at Northwell Health.
MaryAnne Hyland, PhD, Willumstad School dean, said, “We are extremely proud of these three outstanding Willumstad alumni. They are exemplary leaders who will bring years of business experience to the board.”
- Bharat Bhisé, MBA ’78, who recently established the Bhisé Global Learning Experience at Adelphi, was interviewed by the Global Banking & Finance Review about his decades-long career in business leading up to the establishment of his firm, Bravia Capital.
- Jay Mostel, MBA ’79, published his first book titled Why Donald Trump in 2024 (BookBaby 2022), listed in the political humor category. It was chosen to be displayed at the U.S. Library of Congress’ annual book fair.
- June Griffith Collison ’81, MBA ’84, president and CEO of Dignity Health Community Hospital of San Bernardino, California, was highlighted by a Becker’s Hospital Review feature on women hospital presidents and CEOs.
- Teresa Ferraro ’84 is the president and CEO of Ronkonkoma, New York-based lifesaving manufacturer East/West Industries, which has received the Boeing Gold Level Supply Chain Performance Achievement (SCPA) award for the sixth consecutive year.
- Grady Farnan ’84 was sworn in as councilman on the Glen Cove (New York) City Council.
- Stuart Almer, MBA ’85, and Maria P. Conzatti ’88, MBA ’90, EdD, were named to the 2023 Long Island Press Power List presented by Schneps Media.
- Aamir Jamal, MBA ’02, PhD, associate professor of international social development at the University of Calgary, was recognized as a finalist in the Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards.
- Brian Fitzpatrick, MBA ’87, was welcomed as a new member of the Seton Hall University (New Jersey) Board of Regents.
- Kevin Held ’87, MBA ’04, was appointed chief financial officer for Hazeltree, a leader in treasury and liquidity management technology for the alternative asset management industry.
- Roderick Barnes, MBA ’89, was appointed Florida region market director for Jones Lang LaSalle IP Inc., a global commercial real estate services company. His new role requires him to relocate to Miami. He had most recently served as JLL’s managing director of integrated portfolio services in New York City during his 34-year career.
- Mike Concannon, MBA ’89, has been appointed to the Church Mutual Insurance Company board of directors. He is the founder and principal at Wellwood Advisors LLC in Madison, Connecticut.
- Michael J. Driscoll, MBA ’89, EdD, was appointed to the board of directors of Organogenesis Holdings Inc., where he will serve as an independent director of the company and member of the audit committee and the nominating committee.
- William A. Ampofo ’96, a member of the Adelphi University President’s Advisory Council, started a new position as vice president of parts and distribution services and supply chain at Boeing Global Services.
- Joe Romenick, MBA ’03, was promoted to the role of assistant superintendent of facilities and operations of the Fort Mill (South Carolina) School District. He has been with the district 15 years.
- Patrick O’Shaughnessy, DO, MBA ’13, president and CEO of Catholic Health, was featured on the cover of Long Island Business News and an article “Catholic Health, CVS Health partner.”