Applying to the Learning Resource Program
- Criteria for Eligibility
- A documented learning disability or ADHD
- Average aptitude
- A course of study that reflects preparation for college
- A desire to and willingness to work with the professional staff
- Students who wish to participate in the Learning Resource Program (LRP) must complete a regular application to the Office of Admissions at Adelphi University. The application to the Learning Resource Program is separate from the LRP and decisions are made independently.
- For application to the Learning Resource Program, the following documentation should be forwarded to LRP@adelphi.edu:
- A completed LRP Application for Admission (can be completed online)
- A diagnosis of a learning disability or ADHD, provided by a professional
- Testing: A recent psycho-educational evaluation (preferably within 3 years) that provides evidence of a learning disability or ADHD. Testing should include both cognitive and achievement scores.
- If available, most recent IEP or 504 plan
- Recommendation from a teacher, tutor or professional who is familiar with your learning style
- Additional: Other documentation or clarification may be requested when necessary
- The Process
Once both sets of applications (Adelphi University and Learning Resource Program) are complete they will be reviewed. Students who meet the appropriate qualifications will be invited for an interview.
All documentation for the LRP should be forwarded to LRP@adelphi.edu.