How to Apply to the Learning Resource Program
- A documented learning disability or ADHD
- Average aptitude
- A course of study that reflects preparation for college
- A desire to and willingness to work with the professional staff
How to Apply
Students who wish to participate in the Learning Resource Program (LRP) must complete an application to the Office of Admissions at Adelphi University. Be sure to select “Learning Resource Program” under the “Signature and Support Program” heading. This will indicate your interest in the Program.
The application to the Learning Resource Program is separate from the university application and is not considered in any Adelphi University decisions. Application and documentation uploaded are only available to the Learning Resource Program and decisions are made independently.
Within 24 hours after submitting your university application, enter your portal and submit/upload the following:
- A completed application to the Learning Resource Program
- A recent psycho-educational evaluation that provides a clear statement and evidence of a learning disability or AD/HD. Testing should include both cognitive and achievement scores (preferably in the past three years). Evaluation reports should include interpretation of test scores, subtest scores, and recommendations.
- If ADHD is the primary diagnosis, Certification of ADHD, completed by a certified professional
- A current IEP, or 504 Plan, if applicable
- Optional: Recommendation from a teacher, tutor or professional who is familiar with your learning style
Next Steps After Applying
Once both sets of applications are submitted they will be reviewed. Students who meet the appropriate qualifications will be invited for an interview.