Name Change Request
How to change your name in your email address and update your preferred name, legal name and pronouns.
Faculty and Staff
- You can update your preferred name and pronouns on eCampus through My Profile. My Profile is accessible from the “My Account” button on the top right of eCampus.
- Your preferred name will show in the directory.
- If your legal name has changed, please contact HR.
- After HR has changed your legal name, you may contact the Help Desk to update your email address.
- You can update your preferred name, gender identity and prononus on eCampus through My Profile. My Profile is accessible from the “My Account” button on the top right of eCampus.
- You can fill out the Preferred Name Request Form to update your preferred name, gender identity and prononus.
- Please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Adelphi email account.
- You can also submit these forms to the Registrar’s office at Levermore Hall, Lower Level, Room 8.
Your preferred name will be used on all student records at Adelphi University, except where my legal name is required, such as transcript and diploma, and financial records. Please refer to the preferred name policy for more information.