We are actively monitoring the coronavirus issue and developments around the world and especially here at home.
Messages to Campus
Please see the latest campus communications on coronavirus.
A Safe Return to Campus
As regions across New York State begin to cautiously reopen with the guidelines provided by NY Forward, Adelphi teams continue to plan and execute our phased return to campus.
All Adelphi University Summer Session I classes are being delivered in an online format.
To be prepared for all possibilities, our leadership, administration and emergency management experts have formed a working team with representatives from all our University functions. The team meets regularly to quickly address this rapidly evolving situation and to respond to any potential impact on our University and community.
Our team continues to make well-informed decisions, prioritizing our community’s health, safety, and well-being while upholding our commitment to our academic mission.
FAQs About the Coronavirus
The coronavirus issue is an evolving situation, and updates are available from the New York State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including updated Travel Notices for countries with community transmission.
Contingency Planning & Leaders of the Threat Assessment Team
Our leadership, administration and emergency management experts are actively working to address this rapidly evolving situation and to respond to any potential impact on our University and community. Our Threat Assessment Team is under the leadership and expertise of Dr. Sentwali Bakari, Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students and Gene Palma, Chief Administrative Officer and Associate Vice President.
Several subgroups are meeting regularly to ensure business continuity in the event of a disruption to University operations. Each sub-group is led by a team of professionals:
- Academics – Executive Lead, Steve Everett and Communication Lead, Cara Terzulli
- University Operations – Executive Lead, Jim Perrino and Communication Leads, Laura Kern and Jennifer Blazevich
- Residential Life, Dining Services, Health Services, & Athletics – Executive Lead, Sentwali Bakari and Communication Lead, Joe De Gearo
- Staging – Executive Leads, Sentwali Bakari and Jacqueline Jones LaMon and Communication Leads, Nicole Guadino and Todd Wilson
- Communications – Executive Leads, Kristen Capezza, Maggie Yoon Grafer, and Jaci LaMon and Communication Leads, Diane Moser and Kate McDowell
- Admissions & Financial Aid – Executive Lead, Kristen Capezza, Communication Lead, Dorey Veron
- Government Relations – Executive and Communication Lead, Maggie Yoon Grafer
- University Governance – Executive Lead, President Christine Riordan, Communication Lead, Gina Debold
Should you have any questions, we encourage you to reach out to the above individuals or email firstname.lastname@example.org.