Travel Advisory Quarantine Requirements for Students
On November 3, 2020, New York’s governor issued new testing and quarantine requirements for people entering New York state. These requirements impact anyone coming to New York from every U.S. state other than its border states of New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Vermont and from every CDC Level 2 or 3 country.
According to the new guidelines, if you are returning to New York from a travel advisory state or country, you must satisfy the following steps:
- Have a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken at home within 72 hours of your planned arrival in New York.*
- Quarantine for at least three days upon arrival in New York.
- Take another COVID-19 test on your fourth day of quarantine—a negative result will allow you to leave quarantine.
For guidance on current travel advisory locations, see New York state’s COVID-19 Travel Advisory website.
* If you do not have a negative COVID-19 test result from within 72 hours prior to arriving in New York, a full 14-day quarantine will be required per state orders. We recommend keeping a copy of these results on hand in case you are questioned by New York state (NYS) officials. You are required to submit a negative COVID-19 result before you are permitted to quarantine or live in Adelphi residence halls.
Resident students from all travel advisory states and countries are subject to current NYS testing and quarantine guidelines, requiring your early arrival before classes begin on January 26, 2021.
Two Early Quarantine Move-in Periods
Once you complete the requirements for testing and quarantine, you will be able to move into your residence hall room by appointment and your spring meal plan will be activated. To accommodate your safe return and four-day quarantine, Adelphi is offering two move-in windows and three quarantine options.
You may request one of two early quarantine move-in periods based on availability. Please email the Office of Residential Life and Housing with your preferred early quarantine session by Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
- Early Quarantine Session 1: You can arrive on January 5, 6 or 7, 2021, to begin your quarantine.
- Early Quarantine Session 2: You can arrive on January 13, 14 or 15, 2021, to begin your quarantine.
You must submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of your planned return date to email@example.com.
Your Three Quarantine Options
We recognize that many of our residents are traveling from designated areas that require a quarantine period upon arrival to New York. To help our residents meet this state mandate, we have prepared the following three options, based on availability, to complete your quarantine:
Your four days will be completed in a residence hall quarantine room. You will be able to order three daily meals from Adelphi Dining Services to be delivered to your room. Your day-four COVID-19 test will be coordinated by Adelphi’s Health Services Center.
Your four days will be completed in a reserved room at the Long Island Marriott in Uniondale. You will have a daily allotment of $50 to order food that will be delivered to your room. If needed, a Panther Shuttle will bring you back to campus when quarantine is completed. Your day-four COVID-19 test will be coordinated by Adelphi’s Health Services Center.
Your four days may be completed in a location of your choice in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts or Vermont at your own expense.
- Please email the Office of Residential Life and Housing by Tuesday, December 8, 2020, to confirm you do not require Adelphi quarantine accommodations. Please provide the address where you will be staying.
- You are responsible for meeting any other state’s requirements for entering, testing and quarantine.
- A negative COVID-19 test at the end of your quarantine period is required to move into your residence hall. Results should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to move into your residence hall before classes begin on January 26, 2021, please complete these steps by Friday, January 22, 2021.
- We encourage you to get a rapid COVID-19 test in your home state or country within 72 hours of departure for New York. Many areas now offer these tests free of charge. You must submit your negative result to email@example.com BEFORE arriving in New York.
- If your location does not provide rapid COVID-19 tests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Vault Health test, paid for and coordinated by Adelphi (must provide a domestic address for shipping).
- Students who quarantine on campus or at the arranged hotel will have their day-four COVID-19 test coordinated by Adelphi’s Office of Health and Wellness.
- Students who quarantine with friends or family must coordinate their own day-four COVID-19 rapid test and submit a negative result to email@example.com.
- A family member who plans to enter New York is also subject to all state testing and quarantine requirements.
Once you successfully complete any required quarantine and provide Adelphi with a negative COVID-19 test, you will be able to move into your Adelphi residence hall room.
During Your Quarantine Period
Consistent with the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory, for reasons of public health and safety you are expected to remain in your room throughout your four-day quarantine period. You are required to complete Adelphi’s COVID-19 Screening assessment each day through the AU2GO app.
During quarantine, you are expected to bring a thermometer and complete a daily temperature check during the four-day period. If at any time your temperature is above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) or you develop other COVID-related symptoms, you must notify the Health Services Center at 516.877.6000 immediately so you can relocate to one of the University’s isolation rooms.
The Office of Residential Life and Housing provides a daily update to Public Safety and Housekeeping on students who are in quarantine or isolation, including name, contact information, arrival date, building and room. Using that daily report, Dining Services will prepare meals for delivery to students in quarantine or isolation – at University cost. Please note the following:
- On your arrival date, a supply of water, fresh fruit and other non-perishable snack items (cookies, chips, granola/power bars, assorted candy) will be delivered to your room; Snacks and fresh fruit can be replenished upon request.
- Before your arrival, a flyer with instructions to order up to three meals daily will be placed in your room; Meals will be delivered by Dining Services each day to your Residence Hall and to your room by Residential Life and Housing staff.
- A combination of hot and cold selections will be offered for each meal period; Gluten-free and vegan options will be offered among your selections.
- Dining Services will be in touch with you directly to ask about any dietary restrictions.
- All food during early quarantine is at University cost. Once your early quarantine is completed and you return to your regular residence hall room, your meal plan will be activated.
After Your Quarantine Period
After the end of the four days, if you have not developed any symptoms of COVID-19, and test negative for COVID-19, you will be permitted to move-in to your permanent residence hall assignment and participate in all activities, in accordance with the COVID-19 Safety Plan Agreement, the Residential Life and Housing Pandemic Addendum, state and local guidelines, and public health directives.
Should you become ill or test positive during the four-day period, you will work with our Health Services Center and Office of Residential Life and Housing to begin an isolation period in a designated isolation-room until cleared to return to your normally assigned room. Clearance will be granted under the following conditions:
If you tested positive and had symptoms, all of the following must be met:
- Three (3) consecutive days with no fever; and
- Respiratory symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath); and
- At least ten (10) days since symptoms first appeared.
If you tested positive, but had no symptoms, the following must be met:
- At least ten (10) days since initial positive test, and
- Two (2) negative test results at least 24 hours apart.
Resident students arriving from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont and Level 1 countries are not required to quarantine before returning to Adelphi.
- You are not required to quarantine upon arrival at Adelphi. You will move directly into your residence hall room on your assigned move-in day.
- The Office of Housing and Residential Life will be in touch to arrange your move-in appointment for a day and time between Friday, January 22, and Monday, January 25, 2021.
- As part of our Master Restart Plan, all resident students (regardless of home location) must submit a COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of moving in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not arrive on campus without completing this step.
Period of Limited Campus Operation
The University will have limited operations between November 25, 2020, and January 26, 2021, when our spring semester begins. While we remain committed to keeping our community safe and supported, this will be a quiet period on our Garden City campus.
Our procedures are consistent with the University’s Master Restart Plan and rooted in the orders, guidelines and best practices of the New York State Department of Health to help protect our entire campus community.
Similar to our Fall 2020 semester, all Adelphi COVID-19 policies and procedures will remain in effect in Spring 2021, including:
- All residential students will continue to be included in our ongoing monitoring program and tested every two weeks during the spring semester.
- Daily health monitoring on the AU2GO app
- Distancing, hygiene and mask protocols
For more information or assistance:
- This information is housed in the Spring 2021 FAQs section of our campus restart website. Please feel free to check the website frequently for updates.
- If you have questions for our residential life and housing team, please email email@example.com.
- If you have questions about New York state and Adelphi quarantine requirements, travel restrictions on your state or country, or COVID-19 testing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.