Adelphi Grad Walk Experience
Offering our grads an opportunity to walk across the commencement stage and celebrate hard-earned achievements with two loved ones — while other friends and family watch the event on livestream.
The Adelphi Grad Walk is held by appointment in the Ruth S. Harley University Center’s Thomas Dixon Lovely Ballroom. While not an official ceremony, students can invite two guests to cheer them on, capture the moment on their devices, and experience the occasion in a meaningful way.
- Grad Walk appointments are held Senior Week, April 26–29, and after finals from May 20-22. The event will also be livestreamed so students can invite all the family and friends they like.
- Appointments are every 15 minutes.
- Each student will receive a cap and tassel from the University, as well as a diploma cover at Grad Walk. You do not need to purchase a cap or a tassel—it is a gift from Adelphi!
- You may choose to purchase a graduation gown for Grad Walk if you wish, but graduation attire is not required. Gown rentals are not available due to health and safety restrictions.
Keeping Everyone Safe
At all times, Adelphi’s health and safety protocols must be observed, including completion of the health screening, social distancing and mask-wearing.
- Completion of the COVID-19 health screening on the AU2GO app (paper copies will be available)
- All attendees will be temperature checked upon check-in for the Grad Walk.
- Masks must be worn at all times except by the student during photography on stage.
After Grad Walk
After experiencing Grad Walk, students and their guests will be invited to visit several iconic Adelphi University locations on our Garden City campus for additional photo opportunities.
Following your participation in the Grad Walk Experience, Island Photography will contact you with a link to view your photos. At that time, please select your complimentary 5×7″ printed photo and a digital photo of the Grad Walk Experience, which will be sent to you directly from Island Photography.