We love it when Adelphi alumni come back to campus, but we know that a visit to Garden City isn’t always possible.
Led by alumni volunteers through a partnership with the Office of Alumni Relations, regional chapters provide a meaningful way to stay connected with the Panther network where they live and work, providing numerous occasions to come together for professional networking, volunteering, and just for fun.
Regional Chapters5 Photos
How Chapters Work
Chapters foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for alumni of all class years, majors, and experiences residing in their region. They communicate regularly and effectively with alumni, The Office of Alumni Relations and Adelphi University. As part of their future planning, chapters recruit new volunteers and serve as a local contact for current and prospective students.
Chapters are the main point of contact for Adelphi University Alumni in each regional area. To maintain an active community, we ask that chapters keep a consistent presence by:
- Hosting regular meeting with members and at least one social event each year that appeals to a wide variety of alumni.
- Supporting Adelphi University events in the region (admissions activities, academic events, AU Panther athletic teams)
- Building an identifiable audience for future Adelphi premier activities in the region
- Providing opportunities to recognize and celebrate the achievements of alumni living in the region
Benefits of Joining a Chapter
Becoming an active member or leader of a regional chapter provides numerous benefits, including:
- Reconnecting with classmates and meeting new Panthers that live in the same area as you!
- Building a stronger network of other alumni
- Leadership development opportunities for alumni chapter leaders
- Occasions for strategic discussions about Adelphi’s successes and challenges
- Becoming knowledgeable about University news and how to stay engaged.
Find a Regional Chapter
Join the hundreds of Adelphi alumni who forge professional and personal connections across the United States.
How To Start Your Own Alumni Chapter
Don’t see a regional chapter in your area and want to get one started? Here are a few things to consider before partnering with the Office of Alumni Relations to launch a new one.
- The person interested in starting the chapter in that area will need to reach out to the Senior Associate Director of Alumni Relations (who is in charge of chapters) and schedule an interest meeting (virtually or in-person). Where possible, we recommend having more than one alumni interested in launching a chapter.
- During the interest meeting, the interested alumni leaders and the Senior Associate Director will review the potential region to determine if there is an adequate amount of alumni to sustain a successful chapter and what will be expected of them to start and maintain it.
- If both parties are in agreement, new chapter leaders will work with the Senior Associate Director to write a chapter charter that includes a mission statement, goals for the chapter, and the leadership structure.
- The chapter leaders will meet regularly (virtually or in-person) to plan a launch event with the support of the office of alumni relations. Generally speaking, successful events require a minimum of 8 weeks to plan and execute. Chapter leaders are necessary to promote the event to their classmates through social media, email, texting. Word-of-mouth marketing is the most powerful!
- Before, during, and after the launch, chapter leaders will be responsible for recruiting other alumni volunteers who would like to lead the chapter. Alumni Relations staff members may assist in this endeavor by referring interested alumni.
- After the chapter launch, the leaders will maintain the chapter presence in the region through regularly scheduled meetings, formal and informal events, and support of Adelphi University, including Admissions, Athletics, and Advancement initiatives.