Speech to Text – Online Learning
Speech-to-text software is voice recognition technology that turns spoken words into written words. Use these tools to help take notes, write a paper, and more.
Google Speech to Text
- Google Speech to Text has good accuracy for transcribing spoken words to text.
- To utilize this feature:
- Open Google Docs.
- Create a blank document or enter an existing document
- Select Tools on the toolbar. And select Voice Typing. (Note: Must allow google to the use of your microphone to be able to use)
Microsoft Learning Tools
- Microsoft Learning Tools can be found in the newest version of Microsoft Office which you can get for free as an Adelphi student.
- Learning Tools offers: Text Spacing increases the spacing between words, characters, and lines.
- Syllables shows breaks between syllables, to improve word recognition and pronunciation.
- Read Aloud lets you hear your document as each word is highlighted.