Parking and Traffic Regulations
Parking and traffic regulations apply to all students, faculty, visitors, and vendors and their vehicles when using campus-parking facilities.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Parking is prohibited in fire lanes. The following University roadways are fire lanes:Service road between Levermore and Blodgett Halls
- Road alongside University Center
- Service road between Alumnae and Post Halls
- Roadway between Earle Hall and Science Building
- Roadway in front of Chapman, Linen and Eddy Residence Halls
- Roadway east side of Woodruff Hall.
- Roadway between Center for Recreation and Sports and Performing Arts Center.
- Roadway south curbside of Parking Field #1 (Nexus)
- Parking is prohibited within 15 feet of fire hydrants.
- Double parking is not permitted.
- Speed Limit is 10 MPH campus-wide.
- Speeding and reckless driving is prohibited.
- Parking is prohibited on all grass areas.
- All violations of the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law will be enforced on campus by Adelphi University Public Safety personnel.
- Parking is by permit only. Permits expire on September 30 of each year.
- Students, faculty and staff are required to register annually.
- All motor vehicles utilizing University parking facilities must:
- Be registered with the University
- Display a current state registration and inspection certificate.
- Display a current University parking permit on the rear bumper (driver’s side).
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted to park on campus with the exception of vendors servicing the University, vehicles authorized by Public Safety and vehicles owned by the University.
- The University assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles parked on its property.
- Students, faculty and staff are permitted to register a maximum of two vehicles.
- Permits are issued to your vehicle registration and are not transferable to another vehicle.