A preferred name is a name you choose to be called that is different than your legal name.
Adelphi University recognizes that some students wish to use a preferred name in addition to their legal name. As long as the use of a preferred name is not used for misrepresentation, abuse or to avoid accountability, a student may request this option, where possible.
Students are encouraged to add a preferred name prior to the start of a semester, but are able to do so at any time.
- Class Rosters/Early Warning Rosters
- CLASS Account
- Adelphi Mobile app
- Library systems
- Degree audit
If requested, username and email address will also reflect your preferred name.
- Enrollment Verification letters
- Financial records/Paychecks and tax documents
- Grade reports
- Employment and Personnel Records
- Medical Records
- Third-party reporting (i.e. federal agency records)
- August 12-18 Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Extended Hours (August 19 - September 3) Mon - Thu: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- In-Person Payments Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm