"In gathering feedback from hundreds of members of our community, we have established six key goals for the strategic plan as well as mission and vision statements that reflect Adelphi's strengths and purpose as well as its potential."
In this time of tremendous change, Adelphi University, as one of Long Island’s oldest higher education institutions, aspires to global recognition as a great private university dedicated to students’ success in the classroom, in their careers and in their lives. We will honor our historic legacy and shape our future while evolving to meet the educational and financial imperatives of a new era in American higher education.
Within the past two decades, Adelphi’s remarkable journey has taken us into the top 160 of nationally ranked doctoral research universities in the United States.
- Rebuilt its faculty with the addition of 142 teacher-scholars since 2000.
- Reinvigorated its four additional dynamic learning hubs around the state of New York to offer programs that reflect the evolving needs of our region and expectations of our students.
- Transformed its main campus in Garden City with more than 500,000 square feet of new and renovated facilities.
- Continued its focus as a university that delivers both liberal arts and professional programs.
The achievements of the past are only as valuable as the vision they inspire for the future.
Today, Adelphi has the foundation to be a great, modern metropolitan university.
Through our comprehensive, yearlong strategic planning process, we are developing a road map to build on that foundation to create an exciting future.
In gathering feedback from hundreds of members of our community, we have established six key goals for the strategic plan as well as mission and vision statements that reflect Adelphi’s strengths and purpose as well as its potential.
Our plan will allow Adelphi to:
- Grow its enrollment;
- Intensify the student experience;
- Foster a diverse and inclusive community;
- Ignite the University’s network of alumni and friends;
- Develop a nimble internal infrastructure; and
- Expand and raise the awareness and reputation of the University.
The plan will be true to Adelphi’s mission and vision.
As one of the Northeast’s integral institutions, we transform the lives of our students and advance the region we serve, through our teaching and learning, research and creativity and deep community engagement. As a comprehensive university, we provide high quality undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, online and continuing education programs in our core four areas of focus: arts and humanities, STEM and social sciences, the professions (education, business, communications) and health and wellness (social work, nursing, health science professions).
Our shared vision is that by leveraging all of our assets–our superior locations in New York, outstanding faculty, highly motivated students, 90,000 alumni, an entrepreneurial and down-to-earth culture and our history in experiential and personalized education, Adelphi will join the ranks of the most impactful universities, deeply dedicated to student success in the classroom, in careers and in life at a time when students are seeking educational value.
I invite you to join us in this critical effort and will be reporting to you regularly as the planning process moves forward.
All the best,
Christine M. Riordan, Ph.D.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – email@example.com