We hope you enjoyed your break as we welcome you back to the start of a new semester! We would like to bring to your attention some recent technology enhancements at Adelphi University:
AU Gmail Migration
The transition of faculty to Adelphi Gmail was completed in early January. Adelphi Gmail not only offers the latest web-based email and calendar applications, it also features Google Docs collaborative tools.
My Schedule for CLASS2Go. Faculty can see their weekly course schedule with time, location and more. Students are able to see course schedules, instructor’s name and email address, and search a Course Directory.
New Hudson Valley Center
IT assisted with the design and implementation of technology within the Center’s new location.
- Installed four new technology-enhanced multimedia classrooms, each equipped with a high-def projection system and Internet-ready computer workstation.
- Constructed one of the new multimedia rooms to double as a computer lab, equipped with state-of-the-art computers and software
- Added workstations to the expanded library
- Enabled the entire center for wireless access
- Increased Internet bandwidth to 10 mbs (6 times more than the old location)
- Implemented necessary updates to the operating systems of all classrooms.
- Completed all faculty requests for the installation of new and revised software for many of the computer labs and instructional classrooms.
- Network Technicians replaced150 new computers within the computer labs and classrooms.
New Multimedia Classrooms
- Science 108 (Levermore Global Scholars) Installed large high-definition LED display with computer, wireless keyboard and mouse, Internet connectivity, and a whiteboard.
- Blodgett 319: Installed 3M high-definition projector, wide-screen interactive board, Mac Mini computer, Internet connectivity, and a whiteboard.
- Hagedorn 108: Installed high-end sound amp and speaker system.
- Manhattan 259: Upgraded room with new projection system, power projection screen, and improvements to the video conferencing equipment.
Wireless Network Improvements
Adelphi’s wireless network now features 290 access points for coverage. If you should come across an area on campus that has weak coverage, please notify email@example.com.
Microsoft Home Use Program
Adelphi employees are eligible to purchase a licensed copy of most Microsoft Office applications to use on a home PC or Mac for a minimal cost via the Microsoft Home Use Program. Read the offer details and purchase instructions: ecampus.adelphi.edu/offers/microsofthup.php
The Office of Information Technology is continuing our efforts to provide the highest level of technology and support. We look forward to working with you and always welcome your feedback.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org