Tips to protect your items are included in this burglary event.
On February 18, 2013 between 2:00pm-7:00pm persons unknown entered a room on the second floor of Chapman Hall without authorization causing damage to property. Anyone who has information on the identity of this person(s) of interest or information on this crime can contact the Adelphi University Department of Public Safety at 516.877.3511 or the Garden City Police Department at 516.465.4100. All calls will remain confidential. There is a $1000.00 reward for information that would lead to the arrest and conviction of person(s) involved.
For your Safety:
- Do not leave valuable items unattended
- Don’t allow any individual into your apartment or building if you do not know who they are.
- Keep your doors locked at all times.
- Do not enter or remain with a stranger in an elevator if you feel unsafe.
- Don’t leave your door open or unlocked for any period of time.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings. If you detect any suspicious activity and are concerned about your safety, immediately respond to a location where you can call for assistance. (ex. Emergency phones, Emergency Call boxes)
- If you become alarmed or suspicious by any unusual activity or have any information regarding this incident, call the Department of Public Safety for assistance at 516.877.3511(off campus) or dial “5” from any campus phone
For further information, please contact:
Public Safety and Transportation
Levermore Hall, Suite 113
p – 516.877.3500 or dial “5” from any on-campus phone