As you know, this spring we will begin to renovate the existing Ruth S. Harley University Center to reflect the changing needs of our University. Our goal is to communicate with you each week as updates are made available.
The start of the project is now planned for after commencement on May 19, 2019. Moves of offices and changes in services and facilities will be announced beforehand.
As you know, this spring we will begin to renovate the existing Ruth S. Harley University Center to reflect the changing needs of our University. It will include twice the dining space, flexible meeting space for academic and University events, a new light-filled lounge for our commuters, an enlarged and improved art gallery, a state-of-the-art health and counseling center, new and improved technology, increased accessibility, gender-neutral bathrooms, and many other helpful features for our community. Our goal is to communicate with you each week as updates are made available. Also, please continue to visit ucprogress.adelphi.edu for news.
Dining & Food Service
Many of you have been asking about food service during this time; we thank you for your continued input, suggestions and ideas as we develop the best possible plan. We anticipate having more news to share with you next week.
Temporary Office Relocations
On the office relocation front, our project team, led by Joe Battaglia, director of budget, planning and telecommunications, has begun to finalize the moves for offices and services from within the UC. Thanks to all the offices and units for sharing their input and approving this plan.
- CSI will be moving to Earle Hall, lower level.
- Interfaith Center will be moving to Earle Hall, lower level.
- Student Counseling will be moving to a modular structure south of Eddy Hall. Services will still be free, private and confidential.
- Student Conduct will be moving to the lower level of Levermore, room 014.
- Auxiliary Services will be moving to the lower level of Residence Hall A, IT Training Room.
- Dining Staff offices will be moving to Alumnae Hall 02 & 04 and Post Hall 102.
- The art gallery will be moving to the Mrs. Thomas J. Lovely Lounge in the Swirbul Library.
- The Adelphi Bookstore will be moving to CRS mezzanine, and items will also be for sale online.
- The Commuter Lounge will be moving to Residence Hall B, and additional spaces are being planned.
Meetings have been scheduled for Friday, Oct. 19, and Monday, Oct. 22, to discuss office moves and logistics with these teams. Please email Joe at email@example.com for more information. Other locations, like Panthertainment, are still being worked out.
Questions and Answers
Q: When will the office moves happen?
A: Move dates will be shared with each unit. For the most part, moves will happen in January, prior to the start of the semester.
Q: How will the community be made aware of the new office locations?
A: Signs noting relocation information will be posted by each office door. A map of all relocated services will be posted inside the UC. Additionally, updated temporary campus maps will be distributed once all moves have been finalized.
Q: When will we hear about the temporary dining plan?
A: We are working to finalize the plans now. We will be sharing a great deal of information next week. Stay tuned!
Q: We hear there will be food trucks on campus during the renovation. Will they accept meal cards?
A: Yes. We are excited to host a variety of food trucks on campus during the renovation and meal plans will be accepted.
Thank you for your continued patience and support,
Executive Vice President of Finance and Administration
Office of Finance and Administration
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org