Alcohol Awareness Month focuses on promoting safety and healthy habits, and supporting yourself and others.
This year Adelphi University is continuing its tradition of being part of this important initiative.
Why is it important?
Alcohol Awareness Month focuses on promoting awareness around alcohol, safety, healthy habits, and supporting yourself and others. Through sharing information and connecting with each other, we can help make a positive impact on our community.
How can all Panthers help support?
These are just some ideas for how you, your organization, your department, and anyone at Adelphi can help show support and spread awareness about Alcohol Awareness Month throughout April:
- Attend an Alcohol Awareness Month event. Check out the AAM Schedule below.
- Share the AAM Schedule on social media, in your office space, or with others that may be interested.
- Promote your alcohol-free events by including a blurb like the following in your materials:
This event is alcohol-free. #PanthersCheerAlcoholAwareness
- Post Did You Know facts on social media accounts:
- Did You Know: Adelphi is joining the nation in recognizing April as Alcohol Awareness Month. Join us at events #PanthersCheerAlcoholAwareness
- Did You Know: Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. (madd.org) #PanthersCheerAlcoholAwareness
- Did You Know: The human brain continues to grow into a person’s early 20s. Drinking alcohol during that time can damage short and long-term brain growth and that damage can be permanent. (madd.org) #PanthersCheerAlcoholAwareness
- Get creative and think of other ways to support this cause!
For more information, contact:
Coordinator of Substance Abuse Counseling and Preventative Programming
e – firstname.lastname@example.org
p – 516-877-3769
Coordinator of Student Conduct and Community Standards
e – email@example.com
p – 516-877-3940
Alcohol Awareness Month Events
Sponsored by: Division of Student Affairs, Student Counseling Center, Student Conduct and Community Standards, Public Safety, Student Activities Board, Residential Life and Housing, Resident Students Association and Criminal Justice Club.
[au_event_list t_institution=”aod” t_au_event_type=”event” posts_per_page=”20″ handle_expired=”current” apply_date_range=”true” start_month=”04″ start_day=”01″ start_year=”current” end_month=”04″ end_day=”31″ end_year=”current”]
[au_event_list t_institution=”aod” t_au_event_type=”event” posts_per_page=”20″ handle_expired=”expired” apply_date_range=”true” start_month=”04″ start_day=”01″ start_year=”current” end_month=”04″ end_day=”31″ end_year=”current”]
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org