The College had eight make poster presentations at the Eastern Nursing Research Society's 26th Annual Scientific Sessions.
Eight presenters from Adelphi’s College of Nursing and Public Health made poster presentations at the Eastern Nursing Research Society’s 26th Annual Scientific Sessions event from April 9–April 11 in Philadelphia.
The eight included seven faculty members and one Ph.D. candidate, Nancy Winters.
The presenters and presentation topics were:
- “Symptom Distress in Chinese-American Women in Treatment of Cancer and the Association With the Use of TCM” by Shan Liu, Ph.D., and Yiyuan Sun, D.N.Sc., both assistant professors
- “Older Adult Exercise Adherence Research at an Assisted Living Facility” by Maureen C. Roller, D.N.P., clinical assistant professor
- “A Cross-Sectional Study of Post-Traumantic Stress Symptoms in Pschiatric Nurses” by William Jacobowitz, Ed.D., assistant professor, Adelphi University
- “Critical Thinking of R.N.s in a Fellowship Program” by Susan Zori, D.N.P., clinical assistant professor, and North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System’s Nina Kohn, M. Isabel Friedman and Kathleen Gallo, Ph.D. ’94, M.B.A. ’97
- “Improving the Cultural Competency of a Group of Baccalaureate Nursing Students” by Dr. Roller and Helen C. Ballestas, Ph.D., assistant professor
- “After the Parade: Military Nurses’ Experiences of Reintegration After Deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan” by Elizabeth Scannell-Desch, Ph.D., nursing coordinator, Adelphi University Hudson Valley Center
- “The Process of Becoming and Remaining as an Emergency Department Nurse” by Winters
Adelphi’s College of Nursing and Public Health is one of three ENRS collaborative partners. It is also an ENRS supporting partner, along with seven other major schools of nursing in the Eastern region.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – email@example.com