Dear Students and Families,
On March 29, New York State Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that, beginning April 6, all individuals 16 years of age or older are eligible to receive the vaccine. We are pleased to share that Adelphi has been allotted a limited number of vaccine doses from the state in order to offer on-campus COVID-19 vaccinations for current Adelphi students beginning tomorrow—Friday, April 9, 2021.
What You Need to Know
Supplies are limited and will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis. Initially, we are receiving 400 doses from New York state through an allocation arranged by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU).
- Type of Vaccine: Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (one dose)—Read the vaccine fact sheet.
- Cost of Vaccine: There is no cost to the student or their family for this vaccine.
- Eligible Students: All currently enrolled Adelphi students are eligible for this vaccine regardless of their primary residence. (You do not need to be a NYS resident.)
- Appointments Are Required:
- See How to Schedule an Appointment below.
- An Adelphi student ID is required and must be brought to the vaccination appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Please come to your appointment alone—no additional visitors will be allowed.
- Please wear a mask and limit the number of personal belongings that you bring with you.
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your appointment.
- Arriving late may result in rescheduling of your appointment. Please be on time.
- Following the vaccine administration, recipients will be required to remain on site for a brief, 15-minute period of observation.
Beginning Friday, April 9, 2021
Seven days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
Angello Alumni House
154 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
How to Schedule an Appointment
Please call Adelphi Health Services at 516.877.6002 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must submit the online New York state COVID-19 Vaccine Form before their appointment.
- Students should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment and plan to stay for 15 minutes afterward.
- Current resident students will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis from Friday, April 9, to Sunday, April 11.
- All other current students will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis on Monday, April 12, through Thursday, April 15.
Additional Information and Alternative Vaccine Sites
We continue to strongly encourage all Adelphi community members to get vaccinated against COVID-19. It is in the best interest of the individual, their loved ones and society, and will help to bring this pandemic under control.
For more information and to view alternative vaccine sites:
- Visit the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine website.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Vaccination website.
- Visit Adelphi’s vaccination FAQ page.
- Watch the recorded vaccine forum for Adelphi students and families.
Separate from scheduling a vaccine appointment, you can reach out to our University Health and Wellness team with questions at the following email and phone number: email@example.com or call Adelphi Health Services at 516.877.6000.
University Health and Wellness