Upgrade of Moodle in Summer 2013
In a continued effort to provide Adelphi faculty and students with the best possible online teaching and learning experience, the University will be implementing an upgrade of Moodle in Summer 2013. This upgrade will ensure that Moodle continues to be a reliable and flexible platform.
Please note that all current and past semester courses will transfer to this system intact and automatically when the update is performed. No course materials, student artifacts, grades, etc. will be lost.
Some Features of Moodle 2.4
- Moodle will be mobile: Moodle 2.4 will display in an optimized mobile format when accessed from a smartphone and tablet.
- Drag-and-drop file and folder uploading: Easily upload files from your desktop to Moodle. Simply click, hold, and drop a file in Moodle and it will automatically upload where you want. Watch video demo.
- Resource renaming: After you’ve easily uploaded a file, you can edit the titles of all of your resources and activities on the front-page of your Moodle course.
- Rubric and Marking Guide Assessments: Moodle 2.4 has full rubric and marking guide assessment tools built in, for use with one or multiple assignments.
- Easier Multimedia Embedding: Moodle will support the quick searching and embedding of your favorite teaching videos. Just search and select from YouTube and Wikimedia.
Faculty Moodle Support
- Adelphi’s Faculty Center for Professional Excellence (FCPE) will offer Moodle 2.4 Workshops for faculty. .
- You can also call Nafiza Akter at x4221 to schedule an individual appointment.
For additional information, please contact:
Faculty Center for Professional Excellence
Alumnae Hall, Room 123
p – 516.877.4220 or 4228 (for technical support)
p – 516.877.4221 (for general information and scheduling)
f – 516.877.4229
e – email@example.com
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org