At Adelphi, we aim to prepare students for personal and professional success and a life-transforming experience. And according to our latest Career Outcomes Survey, we're meeting these goals.
Every year, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) conducts its First Destination Survey to track the progress of new college graduates as they enter the job market. Once again, Adelphi University encouraged its newest class of the year to participate in the study.
Now the results of the Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2019 are in.
Adelphi Graduates Are Advancing Professionally
The study found that six months after graduation:
- 90% of undergraduates are working or furthering their education, a figure that’s 10% higher than the national average.
- The average starting salary for undergraduates is $75,000, 38% higher than the national average.
- For graduate students, 90% are working or furthering their education.
“The proof is in the data,” said Thomas J. Ward Jr. ’93, executive director of the Center for Career and Professional Development. “As the most recent Career Outcomes Survey reports, investing and earning a degree from Adelphi allows our graduates to command highly competitive salaries.”
Respondents Say Adelphi Fosters Personal and Professional Development
The survey also asked participants to rate their Adelphi experience.
- 90% of our baccalaureate graduates say Adelphi increased their intellectual curiosity, ability and potential as successful people.
- 93% of our master’s degree graduates said Adelphi offers a rigorous and unique educational experience.
- 100% agree or strongly agree that Adelphi values, welcomes and inspires every individual.
The result is no surprise to Ward, who said, “Adelphi provides supportive, nurturing and enriching experiences that foster student personal and professional development, growth, and success.”
Read more results from the Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2019.