Dear Adelphi Community,
We are pleased to share that Adelphi has been allotted a limited number of Pfizer vaccine doses from New York state in order to resume on-campus COVID-19 vaccinations for current Adelphi students beginning Monday, April 26, 2021. Should additional doses remain, they will be made available to faculty and staff on Friday, April 30.
What You Need to Know
Supplies are limited and will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis. We expect to receive 350 doses from New York state through a second allocation arranged by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU).
Pfizer is a two-dose vaccine. This means that students who opt to receive their first dose between Monday, April 26, and Thursday, April 29, must be available between Monday, May 17, and Friday, May 21, to return to campus for their second dose.
Type of Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech (two doses)
Cost of Vaccine: There is no cost to the student or their family for this vaccine.
Eligible Students: All currently enrolled Adelphi students are eligible for this vaccine regardless of their primary residence. (You do not need to be a New York state resident.)
Appointments Are Required:
- See “How to Schedule an Appointment” below.
- An Adelphi ID is required and must be brought to the vaccination appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Please come to your appointment alone—no additional visitors will be allowed.
- Please wear a mask and limit the number of personal belongings that you bring with you.
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your appointment.
- Arriving late may result in rescheduling of your appointment. Please be on time.
- Following the vaccine administration, recipients will be required to remain on site for a brief, 15-minute period of observation.
Students: Monday, April 26, through Thursday, April 29, 2021
Faculty and Staff (pending availability): Friday, April 30, 2021
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
Angello Alumni House
154 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
How to Schedule an Appointment
Please call Adelphi Health Services at 516.877.6002 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email email@example.com.
- Recipients must submit the online New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form before their appointment.
- Recipients should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment and plan to stay for 15 minutes afterward.
- Students will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis from Monday, April 26, to Thursday, April 29.
- Faculty and staff will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis on Friday, April 30.
Additional Information and Alternative Vaccine Sites
We continue to strongly encourage all Adelphi community members to get vaccinated against COVID-19. It is in the best interest of the individual, their loved ones and society, and will help to bring this pandemic under control.
For more information and to view alternative vaccine sites:
- Visit the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine website.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) vaccination website.
- Visit Adelphi’s vaccination FAQ page.
- Watch the recorded vaccine forum for Adelphi students and families.
Separate from scheduling a vaccine appointment, you can reach out to our University Health and Wellness team with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.877.6000.
University Health and Wellness