According to Matthew Mielcarek, one third of annual donations are collected in December, many of which come from first-time donors. In a recent Philanthropy Journal article, Matthew proposes five ways to validate giving decisions and retain first-time donors.
- Implement a new donor conversion plan to establish an ongoing relationship
- Tailor your outreach to the information they gave you in the first donation
- Let them know if you reach your goal, follow-up with thank you’s and update new donors on goals for the current year
- Personalized messages based on the new donor’s interests, affinities, and locations
- Suggest an affinity-driven gift, which can be a renewal gift or an upgrade to recurring contributions
As seen in the May 2013 issue of LeadTime.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – email@example.com