Adelphi is one of only a handful of private universities to make the list annually.
For the 10th consecutive year, New York’s Adelphi University has achieved “Best Buy” status from the top-selling Fiske Guide to Colleges. Adelphi is one of just 25 independent schools nationwide and the only independent school on Long Island and in the metropolitan New York area to achieve this designation in the 2016 issue.
Adelphi is committed to academic excellence and innovation and has long been recognized for offering outstanding value to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Adelphi’s graduation rates continue to be one of the highest among comprehensive private colleges in the Long Island, New York, region.
- Adelphi and its programs have achieved national recognition and ranking by U.S. News & World and The Princeton Review, among other publications.
- Since 2010, Adelphi has been honored with the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for engaging students, faculty and staff in meaningful service to communities.
- Adelphi is consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
Rich learning experiences both in the classroom and beyond ensure that Adelphi students are prepared to excel in their chosen careers.
- Adelphi’s Jaggar Community Fellows Program, for example, offers paid summer internships for Adelphi students to work and train with regional nonprofits.
- Through the McDonell Scholars Program, students are paid to conduct original science research with a faculty mentor for 10 weeks during the summer.
- Adelphi’s unique Levermore Global Scholars Program offers a rigorous, global, service-oriented education by combining the best academic practices of an honors college with service learning and study abroad opportunities.
- Long at the forefront of preparing professionals for all health fields, Adelphi is about to open its Nexus Building and Welcome Center. The state-of-the-art academic and student services building will ensure that the Adelphi nurse remains the best prepared in the region to meet the changing nature of healthcare.
Adelphi students can also express their “Panther Pride” and join one of the 22 Division I and II competitive athletics teams as well as scores of student clubs and organizations. Adelphi students have access to an alumni network that is more than 90,000 strong from day one to beyond graduation.
The Fiske Guide to Colleges not only shows Adelphi’s unique character, but is an essential source of information for parents and their college-bound students. This guide helps students make educated decisions about their college career and how academia, tuition and social quality of life are ranked among the top schools. It can be purchased at fiskeguide.com or at major book retailers. The new Fiske Interactive, which allows students to streamline their college search, can be purchased through the iTunes App Store for iPad.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org