No new applications are being accepted at this time.
We recognize that many Adelphi students are facing critical and immediate needs, including unexpected financial challenges as a result of the evolving nature of the coronavirus, its impact on the national economy, and the University’s subsequent transition to remote learning.
In March 2020, the University community established the Student Emergency Support Fund, raising more than $70,000. The fund is supported entirely by donations from the Adelphi community.
If you are experiencing critical financial hardships as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we invite you to apply here for support from the emergency fund.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students in good standing. (Academic honesty and integrity standards apply.)
- One-time awards will range from approximately $100 to $1,000 per student.
- Awards will be applied to your Adelphi student account.
- Awards will be issued until funding is depleted.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of University representatives on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority consideration may be given to students not eligible for federal grant relief funding.
We do anticipate some additional relief funding to be provided to eligible students through the federal government, made possible through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The University will be in touch with more information once those funds and eligibility guidelines become available.
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and well during this unprecedented time.
Kristen Capezza, MBA ’12
Vice President, Enrollment Management and University Communications
Maggie Yoon Grafer ’99, MA ’08
Chief of Staff and Associate Vice President of External Relations