Updates feature collaborative spaces, an improved Gallagher Lab and the creation of a 3D printing and scanning studio.
This summer, Adelphi University completed renovations to Swirbul Library, adding state-of-the-art features to our invaluable resources. This major renovation helps us better support students’ needs for group and individual study spaces and to generally make Swirbul a more usable and attractive location for 21st-century knowledge discovery and creation.
The main areas on the first floor were transformed, by the removal of the bound periodical stacks, to make way for collaborative spaces, which allow students to:
- Display content from any device (tablets, laptops, smartphones) on flat-screen monitors
- Write on walls with dry erase markers
- Reservable spaces online
- State-of-the-art technologies, including wireless connectivity and mobile work spaces
- Multiple display screens for groups to present various projects at once
- A changeable classroom featuring portable furniture, perfect for group interaction
- 3D scanning, editing, design and modeling projects
- 3D fabrication
- Large- and small-scale 3D printers and filament recycling machine
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org