Statement from Assistant Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs Jeffrey Kessler
The statement below from Assistant Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs Jeffrey Kessler was shared with campus community, April 27, 2015.
The entire Adelphi University community is profoundly saddened by the unexpected loss of William Senese, a first-year residential student. William was involved in a tragic Long Island Rail Road accident this afternoon. As a community, we mourn for William and extend our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends during this difficult time.
To support the University community, Adelphi is offering extended and enhanced support services.
- Our Student Counseling Center will be open this evening until 10:00 p.m. and all day tomorrow through the evening. The center is located in the Ruth S. Harley University Center, Room 310 and can be reached by phone at 516.877.3646.
- If you are a residential student, we encourage you to reach out to your RA or RHD who can connect you with additional campus services.
- Confidential services for employees are available through our Center for Psychological Services beginning tomorrow. The center can be reached at 516.877.4823.
- The Interfaith Center is available for spiritual support and counseling and can be best reached at email@example.com or by phone at 516.877.3661.
- As a reminder, the Health Services Center (516.877.6000) and the Department of Public Safety (516.877.3511) are open 24 hours a day.
Beyond the campus, anonymous support services, including the NIMH Crisis Hotline 1.800.273.TALK (8255) and Long Island Crisis Center 516.679.1111, are available 24/7.
Once again, our thoughts are with Will’s family and friends.
For further information, please contact:
Strategic Communications Director
p – 516.237.8634
e – firstname.lastname@example.org