Counseling Center Services
The Student Counseling Center offers high quality individual and group counseling services to students who may be experiencing psychological, behavioral or learning difficulties.
The Student Counseling Center provides comprehensive mental health, preventative and educational services to any student enrolled at Adelphi. Staffed by a psychiatrist, licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, graduate-level social work interns and doctoral-level clinical psychology interns, the center can provide you with the services and support to help you define and accomplish your personal, academic and professional goals.
We can provide you with information about the following services:
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Outreach and consultation
- Drug and alcohol education and counseling
- Referrals to both on-campus and off-campus resources
Even if you are not sure you need counseling, we encourage to meet with a counselor.
If you are facing any of the following problems, we encourage you to see a counselor:
- Issues of self-esteem
- Anxiety, confusion or stress
- Difficulty relaxing
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Friend or roommate issues
- Difficulty making or keeping friends
- Worrying about a friend
- Trouble concentrating, studying or attending classes
- Difficulty adjusting to college life
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Weight loss or gain
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Uncertainty about the future
Outreach and Consultation
To foster an environment that supports the intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical development of Adelphi students, we offer counseling and educational services, including workshops, organizations and departments.
Outreach and consultation services are available to faculty, administration, staff and students as well as departments such as residence halls, academic departments and campus groups.
Services at Adelphi’s Learning Hubs
Counseling services are available for students at our learning hubs through our Student Assistance Programs. For assistance. please contact your center at:
- Suffolk Hauppauge Center: 800.624.2593
- Hudson Valley Center: 845.431.8740
- Manhattan Center: 800.833.8707