Find and Request an Item From the University Libraries
Learn how to locate articles, books, streaming media, and more within our collection and how to request items that we don't readily have access to.
Searching the Adelphi Collection
Always start by searching our library catalog (OneSearch). See further below if you can’t find something and are looking for something not in Adelphi’s collections.
Materials in Garden City, Manhattan or Hauppauge are requestable. Please note that items in Hudson Valley Center are not requestable.
How Do I Request Items From the Adelphi Collection?
There are three ways to request items that we have in our collection:
- Physical Hold Request: You can place a hold request through OneSearch and select to have the book made available for pick up at either the Swirbul Library or Manhattan Center location.
- Home Delivery options are now available when requesting materials in OneSearch.
- Please include your shipping address in the comment section of your request.
- There are no fees associated with this service.
- Partial Digitization of physical items is also available.
- Please make sure to include the pages you would like digitized in your request.
- We are able to digitize up to 10% of a work not exceeding two chapters. Please note: Due to copyright law, we are unable to complete requests for FULL digitizations of materials.
- Watch a video tutorial of OneSearch Requests and Digitization
Additional Borrowing Options via Connect NY
Unable to find what you were looking for in OneSearch?
Click on ConnectNY under “Repeat My Search In” in OneSearch or search the collection directly from here – Connect NY!
If you find what you’re looking for, click REQUEST and select your delivery preference, and you’ll be all set!
Please note: You will be asked to sign in using your University credentials and then asked to select your pick up location and date needed by. You will be notified via email once your item is available.
What Is Connect NY?
ConnectNY is a consortium of independent academic institutions in New York State. The mission of ConnectNY is to share collections, leverage resources, and enhance services through cooperative initiatives and coordinated activities.
This service is FREE for all current students, staff and faculty.
Loan Policies for Patron:
- Circulating items are loaned for 84 days. No renewals.
- All loans are subject to recall by the lending institution at any time and must be returned immediately. Fines will be imposed for recalled items not returned promptly.
- Borrowers will be billed for the replacement cost of overdue items 30 days after loan expiration.
- The replacement cost amount will be rescinded for return of overdue items.
Looking for Something Not in the Adelphi or ConnectNY Collection? Try Interlibrary Borrowing.
Please fill out the Interlibrary Borrowing form and we will request the item from another library. You will need to provide the citation information of the material you are looking for (e.g. Title, Author, Year, ISSN/ISBN #, Pages, etc.).
You will be notified via email when your request is available. Articles will be emailed in PDF format.
All requests are subject to availability.