Learn about on-campus telephone services and voicemail and Google Voice.
You can use Google Voice through your Adelphi Google Account or personal Google account to make phone calls anywhere in the United States and Canada for free.
To use Google Voice, first make sure you have the following:
- A computer
- A microphone that plugs into your computer or
- For privacy use a headset with a microphone that plugs into your computer
- Access to your Adelphi Gmail account
Once you have all of the above:
- Log in to your Adelphi Gmail account
- Download the Google Voice plugin so you will be able to make calls
- Click on the phone icon located on the far left above Gmail chat section
- Use the keypad that pops up to place your call
For additional information, go to the Google Voice Support page.
Faculty and Staff
For on-campus calls, dial the 4-digit extension of the party you are trying to reach. If you are unsure of the extension you need to reach, you can dial 0 and an operator will help direct your call.
For off-campus local calls, dial 9, then the 7-digit number you want to reach.
For regional calls, dial 9 first, then 1, then the area code and 7-digit phone number you want to reach.
Long Distance Access Codes:
To call outside the regional calling area (area codes 718, 212, 516, 631, 914, 917, 332, 646, 929, 347, and 934) requires a PIN number. Your supervisor or department head must request a PIN number for you, indicating whether it should be for domestic and/or international calls. The request can be submitted to the IT Help Desk.
Dial By Name:
Using the keypad at the lower right-hand corner of the telephone, enter the first few letters of the last name of the person you would like to call.
After entering the first few letters of the person’s last name, press the Name key on the digital screen. If there is no match, the system will ask you to modify the search. If there are multiple entries, you will be offered the option to scan them all.
Once the desired party number is displayed, press the button next to their name to initiate the call.
Manuals for Specific Models
- Alcatel-Lucent Manual for Phone Models 8028, 8029, 8038, 8039 and 8068
- Alcatel-Lucent Quick Guide for Phone Models 8028, 8029, 8038, 8039, and 8068
- Alcatel-Lucent Tips and Tricks for Phone Model 4020
- Alcatel-Lucent User Guide for Phone Model 4020
- Alcatel-Lucent Manual for Phone Models 4028 and 4029
- Alcatel-Lucent Quick Guide for Phone Models 4028 and 4029
- Alcatel-Lucent Tips and Tricks for Phone Model 4035
- Alcatel-Lucent User Guide for Phone Model 4035
- Alcatel-Lucent Manual for Phone Models 4038, 4039 and 4068
- Alcatel-Lucent Quick Guide for Phone Models 4038, 4039 and 4068
- Analog Phones Tips and Tricks