Moodle is an online Course Management System that allows students and professors to access course content anywhere and anytime.
Faculty can upload documents, collect assignments and add links to media and other websites. Additionally, Moodle offers students many unique channels and opportunities for learning and activities in a virtual setting.
Moodle Support for Students
Adds should be processed in the system within 24 hours of being submitted to the One-Stop Student Services Center
- Ask your professor if they are using Moodle for the course and whether the professor has made the course available to students online.
- Make sure your registration for that course number and section are confirmed with the One-Stop Student Services Center
- If the above have been confirmed, ask your professor to contact the IT Help Desk on your behalf (see question below).
- Quizzes and tests should always be taken on a computer—never on your phone.
- If possible, we highly recommend using a wired network while taking any quizzes or tests.
- Try to make sure your computer is plugged in and charging so that you don’t lose power while taking any quizzes or tests.
Drops should be processed in the system within 24 hours of being submitted to the One-Stop Student Services Center. If you are still receiving course emails after this time, send a message to your instructor reminding him/her that you need to be removed from the course.
Moodle Support for Faculty
Learning can be extended beyond the limits of a traditional classroom setting through chat sessions, discussions, collaboration spaces, quizzes, surveys and more.
Moodle is synchronized daily with the Adelphi University registration system and therefore your courses should automatically appear in your account. In the case that your courses do not show up or the wrong course(s) appear in Moodle, please check with your department to see if the information listed in the registration system is correct. Your department will need to submit changes if necessary.
If the information in the registration system is verified and your course still doesn’t show up in Moodle, please email email@example.com.
To review the list of current students in a Moodle, click on the “Participants” link on the left side of the course. Students need to have logged onto Moodle at least once to show up in the participants list.
Please check your Moodle participants list with the CLASS roster for your courses as it reflects the most current student enrollment.
The course has not yet been made available to students.
Instructors need to make courses available for students to be able to see and access them. To make a course available, click on the settings link on the left side of the course, and next to the availability option, select “This course is available to students” and save the changes by clicking on the “Save Changes” button on the bottom of the page.
Students are not registered in CLASS
Students need to have logged onto Moodle at least once to show up in the participants list. Please check your Moodle participants list with the CLASS roster for your courses as it reflects the most current student enrollment. The CLASS system can be accessed via eCampus.
Ask the student(s) to log into Moodle.
If he/she still does not show up in the participants list, go to the Administration block on the left side of your course, click on Assign Roles, click on students, search for the students, and add him/her to your course. Then, return to the course main page by clicking on the course number in the breadcrumb trail. For further instructions, see Adding/Removing Participants tutorial.
Registered students should automatically show up in your online course management system. If not, ask the student to confirm with the Registrar that they are registered for your specific course/section.
If the above has been confirmed, call the IT Help Desk at 516.877.3340:
- Give the student’s full name.
- Give the full course number and the name of the class.
- A work order will be generated and the information should be updated within a few hours.
Students officially enrolled in the Adelphi University registration system will be automatically enrolled in Moodle courses. If a student officially drops the course and you would like to remove him/her from the course, see the “Adding/Removing Participants” tutorial for instructions.
- Click on your name located in the upper right corner of the browser window and then follow these steps:
- Click the “Edit profile” tab and scroll down to the “Picture of” section.
- Click “Browse.” to locate an image from your computer that you want to use as your icon. Make sure that the file is not larger than the maximum size listed (2 MB), or it will fail to be uploaded.
- Click “Update my Profile” at the bottom – the image file will be cropped to a square and resized down to 100 x 100 pixels. Please be aware that this image will be attached as an icon to all of your discussion postings.
Yes. Moodle will ask you to log in again when you select the bookmark, but you’ll be directed right to the course homepage you bookmarked.
To change the visibility of a course in Moodle 3.9:
- Go to “Course Management”
- Then select “Edit Course Settings”
- Then on the “Course Visibility” section select “HIDE” or “SHOW” as necessary
See also the Moodle Docs.
Or just click on the informational notice at the top of the course page.