This administrative calendar announces the University’s holidays for non-union employees during the 2020–2021 fiscal year.
Union employees should refer to their respective collective bargaining agreements for holidays and other paid time off. This calendar is distinct from the Academic Calendar of the University, published in its several catalogs, which applies to faculty and students only.
- The University will grant twelve (12) days for observance of holidays, and four (4) days for religious, civil or personal reasons, for a total of sixteen (16) days. Union members should refer to their CBA for details.
- The University annually observes the following national holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth and Independence Day.
- December 28, 29, 30, 2020 have been designated as Energy Days.
- Non-union employees are entitled to four personal days annually, which may be used for religious holidays. Requests for personal days must be submitted and approved in advance by the supervisor.
- Access to offices or laboratories during holiday period must be arranged with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation in advance.
|Labor Day||1 Day||Monday||September 7, 2020|
The Day After
|November 26, 2020
November 27, 2020
|December 24, 2020
December 25, 2020
|Energy Days||3 Days||Monday
|December 28, 2020
December 29, 2020
December 30, 2020
|New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
|December 31, 2020
January 1, 2021
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||1 Day||Monday||January 18, 2021|
|Presidents’ Day*||1 Day||Monday||February 15, 2021|
|Memorial Day||1 Day||Monday||May 31, 2021|
|Juneteenth*||1 Day||Friday||June 18, 2021 (Observed)|
|Independence Day||1 Day||Monday||July 5, 2021 (Observed)|
* Please note that classes are scheduled for Presidents’ Day and Juneteenth. Therefore, all University offices must be staffed. Any employee who is scheduled to work on that day is entitled to take off an alternate day after this date with the approval of the employee’s supervisor. This day must be taken by August 31, 2021.