The University currently offers full-time employees the alternative of electing to enroll in three levels of coverage with Cigna—Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO), Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO) with Orthodontia, or Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)—or electing no coverage at all.
The Employee pays the full premium for Dental Insurance. The amount of the premium depends upon the plan option selected by the employee. Booklets and other related materials explaining the plans are available in the Office of Human Resources.
Cigna Dental – DPPO with Orthodontia
- Orthodontia coverage only for dependent children to age 19 with a lifetime benefit maximum of $1,500.
- Calendar year benefit maximum to $1,500.
Cigna Dental – DPPO
- No Orthodontia coverage
- Calendar year benefit maximum to $1,000.
Benefit Plan Provisions for both Cigna Dental DPPO plans:
- Calendar year deductible $50 Individual / $150 Family.
- You don’t need an ID card to receive dental care.
- You don’t need to select a primary care dentist.
- You don’t need a referral to receive care from a specialist.
- There are two levels of coverage with the Total Cigna DPPO Network:The Cigna DPPO
- Advantage and Cigna DPPO networks both offer access to a network of dentists contracted to discounted fee arrangements.
- By choosing a DPPO Advantage dentist, you receive a higher network benefit coverage than you would with a DPPO dentist. This may result in lower out-of-pocket expenses.
Cigna Dental – DHMO
- The DHMO Patient Charge Schedule applies only when covered dental services are performed by your DHMO Network Dentist.
- No coverage out-of-network.
- There is a $5 office visit fee associated with your plan.
- No deductibles. You don’t have to reach a certain level of out-of-pocket expenses before your insurance kicks in.
- No dollar maximums. You don’t have to worry about your coverage running out after your covered expenses reach a certain dollar amount.
- Fees you pay your dentist are listed on your Patient Charge Schedule (PCS).
- There are no claim forms to file and no waiting periods for coverage.
- There is orthodontic care for adults and children.
- The network general dentist you choose will manage your overall dental care.
Dependents under age 26 will be eligible for dental coverage until the end of the calendar month he/she turns 26, regardless of student and marital status.
For more information or any questions regarding claims, please visit Cigna.com or contact Cigna Customer Service at 800.244.6224.
Each year, Annual Enrollment is provided in November during which time employees may elect to change plans with the change being effective on the subsequent January 1