Virtual Public Meeting for the Long Island AuD Consortium
The Long Island Doctor of Audiology (AuD) Consortium of Adelphi, Hofstra, and St. John’s Universities invites you to a virtual public meeting with the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
The CAA invites public input about the accreditation process and about our doctoral program in audiology prior to the final reaccreditation decision by the CAA. Individuals who wish to provide such input may do so by submitting written comments prior to an accreditation site visit, or by providing oral comments at the virtual public meeting listed below.
How to Attend
To attend, please RSVP before October 5, 2020. You will be provided with the Zoom link within 24 hours of the meeting.
How To Submit Comments
Individuals who wish to provide input about a program seeking candidacy or initial accreditation or about a CAA-accredited program seeking continued accreditation may do so in two ways
- Submit written comments prior to the accreditation site visit in accordance with the procedures specified in the public comment procedures (see below) and/or
- Provide comments to the site visit team during the program’s scheduled virtual site visit.
All comments provided must:
- relate to a program’s compliance with the published Standards for Accreditation of Graduate Education Programs in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (Standards) in effect at the time comments are submitted, and
- identify the specific program seeking candidacy, initial accreditation, or reaccreditation with the CAA.
If you are unable to attend, you are invited to submit written comments prior to the site visit. Please see below for the Policy on Written Comments. A copy of the Standards for Accreditation and the CAA’s Policy on Public Comment [PDF ]may be obtained online at caa.asha.org, by contacting the Accreditation Office at ASHA 2200 Research Boulevard, #310 Rockville, Maryland 20850 or by calling ASHA’s Action Center at 800.498.2071.
Policy on Comments Submitted Prior to the Virtual Site Visit on October 12 and 13, 2020:
Individuals who wish to submit written testimony about the audiology doctoral program scheduled for a virtual site visit must adhere to the following procedures.
- All comments about education programs are due in the Accreditation Office no later than 15 days before the first day of the scheduled two-day site visit (October 12 and 13, 2020). Comments received after this time will not be forwarded to the site visit team for consideration during the accreditation review.
- All written testimony—including comments faxed or submitted as email attachments—must include the commenter’s name, address and telephone contact information and the commenter’s relationship to the program in order for Accreditation staff to verify the source of the testimony. All comments must be signed.
Comments should be submitted to:
Accreditation Public Comment
Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2200 Research Boulevard, #310
Rockville, MD 20850