Spring Leadership Week: SGA Presents: Confident Leadership with Alexa Carlin
As a result of attending this program, students will learn:
- strategies on how to build unwavering confidence,
- how to identify when they feel most confident and how they can build upon it when put in new situations,
- how to overcome the need for outside validation,
- techniques to break through the fear of judgement, failure, and feeling unworthy,
- how to create an inclusive and supportive community,
- why women need to support one another and how collaboration drives positive change,
- the importance of vulnerability and how to practice it,
- how to create stronger relationships and the importance of building real connections in their personal and professional life.
Register here! Be sure to include your student organization name for SOAP credit.
At 17, she was a CEO. At 21 she had a 1 percent chance to live. Today, she is empowering and teaching young leaders how to succeed.
Alexa Carlin is a nationally renowned public speaker, Founder & CEO of the Women Empower Expo (WEX), and Creator of the speaker training program, BeAPublicSpeaker.com. Inspired from a blog she started while in college, Alexa launched the Women Empower Expo (WEX) in 2016 and grew it to become the largest event for female entrepreneurs and change leaders in South Florida and Washington D.C. within its first year
Alexa’s drive to make a difference was inspired after a near-death experience that happened during her senior year at the University of Florida in 2013 leaving her with a 1% chance of living. This experience inspired Alexa to share her story vulnerably to audiences all over the world through public speaking. Her authentic message of resilience and empowerment has led her to grow an engaged following of over 50,000 people on social media