Public Safety, Law Enforcement and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Meet with Leaders of Adelphi’s Office of Public Safety and the Garden City Police Department.
Join us for a discussion with senior officials in Adelphi’s Department of Public Safety and Transportation and the Garden City Police Department, as we learn more about what each agency is doing to support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in our community.
Among the topics to be presented will be the Village of Garden City’s Police Reform Plan, which has been submitted to New York state pursuant to NYS Executive Order 203 (EO203). This plan was developed after a comprehensive review of police force deployments, strategies, policies, procedures and practices, and in consultation with community stakeholders. Adelphi’s Public Safety leaders will discuss DEI initiatives within our University’s Department of Public Safety.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Adelphi University Co-Moderators
- Gene Palma, Vice President of Wellness, Safety and Administration
- Marsha J. Tyson Darling, PhD, Professor and Director of the Center for African, Black & Caribbean Studies
Garden City Police Department
- Kenneth Jackson, Commissioner
- Steven Braun, Inspector
- William Grimes, Detective Sergeant
- Steve Roumeliotis, Detective
Adelphi University Department of Public Safety
- Ray Hughes, Executive Director of Public Safety
- Shaun Kelly, Captain of Emergency Management and Operations
- Ray Capers, Sergeant