Media Training Workshop
Faculty members have specialized and deep knowledge that is of interest to the broader public. The media is often in need of such expertise as it develops news stories on a wide range of topics.
Faculty members interested in sharing their knowledge with the news media can learn more about the following topics at this informative virtual session:
- Why scholars work with the media (and why you should bother)
- What does the media want from you?
- Responding to media requests
- How to talk to reporters (messaging/talking points)
- Interview basics (anticipating/answering questions)
- Building media relationships
In addition to attending this virtual session, faculty members interested in being media experts can reach out to Taylor Damian, associate director for media relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is presented by Adelphi University Communications and Marketing.