Leading with Emotional Intelligence and Well-being
This 5-part Leadership Workshop Series looks to provide school leaders with the knowledge, skills and understanding to better implement a school re-opening plan that incorporates social-emotional learning supports for all members for the community.
This program is part of the “Leading Through a Crisis and Beyond” workshop series, which looks to build upon the socio-emotional learning frameworks schools in NYC have embraced.
This program will cover:
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Development
- Identifying styles, strengths, and effects on teaching and learning
- Engage in a self-assessment in order to understand EI (human-centered leadership)
- Gain awareness of strengths and opportunities for growth
- Strategies for self-care, self-renewal for effective leadership during a crisis
CTLE Credits: 2
Cost: $50 with a 50% discount for alumni
About the Speaker
Lisa L. Minicozzi, EdD, Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education and Program Director for Educational Leadership in the College of Education and Health Studies at Adelphi University. A former elementary school teacher and K-5 principal, Dr. Minicozzi values working with teacher and school leader candidates to prepare them for teaching in today’s diverse and complex early childhood classrooms. She is a NYS Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) trainer, who coaches a number of teaching professionals on how to create positive learning environments for children.
For more information, please contact:
e – firstname.lastname@example.org