Kappa Epsilon’s Formal Rush
The purpose of Alpha Kappa Alpha is to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards, to promote unity and friendship among college women, to study and help alleviate problems concerning girls and women in order to improve their social stature, to maintain a progressive interest in college life, and to be of service to all mankind.
In order to receive an invitation to the Virtual Formal Rush, the following requirements for membership
consideration must be met:
● Have a cumulative and current C+ average
● Be a full-time student during the present and prior term
● Must have creditably completed* at least one grading period (or as defined by the college or university) as a
full-time student at the institution affiliated with the chapter, immediately preceding submission of application.
*creditably completed is synonymous to earned full-time hours (12+ hours) for Spring or Fall session,
whichever is applicable
● Access the following forms and complete from https://aka1908.com/membership/aspiring-or-prospective-members
○ Applicants Pre-Rush Instructions Checklist
○ Undergraduate Membership Interest Application
○ Legacy Information and Legacy Application (if applicable)
○ Evidence of Community/Campus Involvement Forms
○ General Information for the Collegian brochure (for your file)
Prepare the following documents and submit in the order listed below:
○ Official letter from the college/university registrar that confirms your full time status as a student
○ Completed Undergraduate Legacy Application (if applicable)
○ Completed Undergraduate Membership Interest Application Form
○ At least one completed Evidence of Community/Campus Involvement (ECCI) Form
○ Two (2) Letters of Reference
○ Letter of Interest in joining Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ®
○ Copy of college/university ID
NOTE: A signature generated with a font is not acceptable. Acceptable methods for signature include:
● DocuSign • Scanned Original Signatures
● Adobe Electronic Signatures
● Email all of the forms listed above in one PDF file to the Graduate Advisor, Lauren Taylor, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name must be (your Last Name-Student ID Number).
● MUST Request Official transcript or e-transcript to be sent to the Graduate Advisor.
● Adhere to the college/university Greek Life Policies
Hazing does not represent the values of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority and will not be tolerated.
If you have any questions or any concerns, contact the Graduate Advisor at 516-286-2646