Equity & Inclusion Multi-School Hiring Event
This is a multi-school event being co-hosted by Adelphi, Borough of Manhattan Community College, Fairfield, Fordham, Hofstra, NYU, Purchase College SUNY and St. John’s.
The Equity & Inclusion Multi-School Hiring Event focuses on bringing together students and employers who are interested in creating work environments that value and promote workforce equality and inclusion. At our schools, that would include a variety of things including but not limited to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status, nationality, socioeconomic status and disability.
Employers participating in this virtual fair will be discussing their diversity recruiting programs for their internship, full-time and leadership programs. We encourage you to research each company to learn more prior to the fair date.
For this fair, you will be able to schedule 10 minute, 1-1 sessions and/or spots in group sessions with employers that are offering formal diversity hiring programs. The first step is to register on Handshake. Then, you can grab your spots for the fair! Keep checking back, as more employers will register and create schedules.
We are excited to partner with Handshake to run the Equity & Inclusion Hiring Event in a virtual format
Career fairs are a great way to get a leg up with companies that interest you. A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
- Meet with employers, interact with recruiters through video, audio or chat.
- Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
- Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers ahead of the fair or on the day of.
- Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Prepare for the Fair
- Schedule an appointment to meet with your career advisor and have your resume reviewed
- Research the companies attending
- Register for the fair in Handshake
We hope you will be able to join us at this virtual event! Please contact your Career Counselor or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.